Title: Analytical Chemistry
course includes a survey of the classical methods of chemical analysis, the
underlying theoretical concepts, and a brief introduction to modern
instrumental analysis techniques.
By the end of
this course, student should be able to:
- Describe the applied chemical
principles used for separation, detection,
identification, and quantification of samples constituents.
- Know statistical principles for
- Describe qualitative and quantitative
analysis, i.e., gravimetric and volumetric
analysis, concepts of acid-base, redox reactions, precipitation
analysis, spectrophotometric and chromatographic analysis as well as
- Principles of quality control.
- Practical sessions
- Semester Examination: Written and Practical 50%
- Final Examination: 50%